Good Neighbor Pharmacy is proud to offer timely tips and inspiration for living well on a monthly basis.Monthly Articles
Our History. Our Values.
Pharmacists Charles Oates and Dale Walker opened C&D Drug Store August of 1958. The stores name C&D, stands for Charles and Dale. C&D Drug Store's location has housed a drugstore since 1877 making it one of the oldest drugstores in Arkansas. In 1984, the store underwent a major renovation and expanded into the area that formerly housed Carpenter's Jewelry. During the renovation the C&D Snack Bar was expanded. Currently, the lunchtime spot seats 36 and serves quick, easy, on the go meals. It is common to see many Pope County Courthouse employees, Russellville Downtown business owners and employees, Arkansas Tech University students and staff enjoying lunch in our Snack Bar. In 2004, the store updated yet again. C&D Drug Store introduced a pharmaceutical compounding area that provides custom compound medications for patients, making the store one of the few compounding pharmacies in the area.
Second generation owner and pharmacist R.D. Walker was honored with the local "Best of the Best Pharmacist" award numerous years and in 2017 and 2018 C&D Drug Store was honored with the "Best of the Best Pharmacy" through community votes. Since its opening in 1958, C&D Drug Store's motto has been "courtesy and service." This continues today. The pharmacists and staff of C&D make an effort to get to know every customer and take care of all their medicinal needs. They genuinely want to improve the lives of their customers.
"At C&D, we think we have the best customers in the world," pharmacist and owner R.D. Walker said. "They have been very loyal to our store for many years and they continue through many generations."Contact Us
Learn about HIPAA's Notice of Privacy and how it protects you.Learn More