June 1, 2022
I feel the most important thing you can do to keep your brain healthy as you age is to stay active. For me, this has involved working to age 74 and being a member of many organizations and clubs. Some tips for keeping your brain healthy include:
- Having goals and activities that keep your mind active. For me, this includes golfing, fishing, giving blood to the American Red Cross and playing cards.
- Establishing new relationships. Remembering new names helps keep your mind sharp. This past year, we have met thousands of patients through our distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine. This has allowed us to build new friendships and further the health of our community.
- I always have two books that I am in the process of reading.
- Educating yourself. I subscribe to courses so I can continue to learn about topics of interest even as I age.
- Having support. My best asset for keeping my mind and brain active is having a great wife who supports my new endeavors.
The views and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily represent that of AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation. The content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, prescribe or treat any health condition and should not be used as a substitute for consulting with your health professional.