This plant-based power bowl is a tasty and nourishing way to start your day. It’s packed with healthy carbs and fiber from whole-grain oats and naturally low-sugar strawberries. Chia seeds and a dab of almond butter add heart-healthy fats and protein. Top it off with your favorite mix-ins for even more flavor and crunch.
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other plant milk)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or other sweetener, more or less to taste)
- 2 cups frozen strawberries, partially thawed
- Optional toppings:
- Fresh strawberry slices
- Chia seeds
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Sliced or chopped almonds (or other chopped nuts)
- Cacao nibs (find these at a natural foods store) or chopped dark chocolate
- Measuring cup and spoons
- Serving bowls and spoons
1. Place the chia seeds, oats, almond milk, almond butter, and maple syrup in the blender. Blend the ingredients for about 10 seconds to combine.
2. Add the strawberries to the blender. NOTE: If the strawberries are frozen solid, thaw them in the microwave for about 45 seconds for easier blending.
3. Blend the fruit mixture until smooth.
4. Divide the fruit mixture into two bowls. Place the bowls in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. The oats and chia seeds will absorb some of the liquid, and the ingredients will thicken further.
5. Add any toppings as desired.
6. Store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- Measure the chia seeds and oats.
- Add the ingredients to the blender.
- Press the blender buttons.
- Sprinkle on the toppings.