Homemade fruit and nut bark is a delicious sweet treat for your holiday cookie or dessert platter. It also makes a thoughtful holiday gift. Made with healthy, antioxidant-packed ingredients, this easy recipe comes together in minutes. We love this flavor combination, but you can also customize this recipe with your favorite dried fruit and nuts.
- 8 ounces good-quality dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries or cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped shelled pistachios
- 1 tablespoon roasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Pinch coarse sea salt (optional)
- Baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Microwaveable bowl or glass measuring cup
- Spatula or small mixing spoon
- Chef’s knife and cutting board
1. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set it aside.
2. Place the dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl or glass measuring cup. Heat the chocolate in the microwave on high for 60 seconds. Remove the bowl and stir the chocolate. If it still has solid pieces, microwave it for an additional 30 seconds and stir it again. Repeat again if necessary. It should take about 90 seconds for the chocolate to completely melt. Make sure it doesn’t burn.
3. Pour the melted chocolate onto the parchment paper. Using a spatula, spread the chocolate into a rectangle of about 7 x 10 inches.
4. Sprinkle the apricots, cherries or cranberries, pistachios, and pumpkin seeds evenly over the chocolate.
5. If desired, sprinkle a pinch of sea salt over the top.
6. Place the pan in the refrigerator for one hour or until the chocolate is set and hardened.
7. Cut or break the bark into pieces to serve.