July 1, 2021
I like to think of natural health as prevention — it is much easier to stay healthy rather than trying to get healthy. How does one stay healthy naturally? Think of your body as your home. It’s the only place you have to live, so you must take care of it. You need to provide your body with the basics of what it needs to function optimally. This can be thought of as air, water, sleep, activity, and nutrition. These are all available to everyone without a prescription and in a natural way.
- Air. We all need air to live, but we also need to make a point to get outside every day and breathe the fresh air.
- Water. We hear this one all the time. Make sure to follow through and make it a point to drink plenty
of water to nourish all the cells in your body.
- Sleep. Sleep is the body’s way to renew, replenish, and detoxify, so make sure you are getting adequate amounts of sleep every night. It has been proven that binge sleeping on the weekends does not make up for poor sleep habits during the week.
- Activity. Our bodies are meant to move, so get out and move! Double the benefits and get outside to practice forest bathing, or immersing yourself in nature, in a mindful way using your senses to derive a whole range of benefits for your physical, mental, emotional, and social health.
- Nutrition. Fuel the body with clean, organic (when possible) whole foods, avoid processed foods, and limit the amount of food you eat. Calorie restriction has been shown to extend lifespan, so just eat a little less to improve your health.
The views and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily represent that of AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation. The content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, prescribe or treat any health condition and should not be used as a substitute for consulting with your health professional.