It’s important to understand the medicines your doctor prescribes for you. To be sure you have all of the information you need, ask your pharmacist if you have any questions. Some of the most common:
- What is the name of the medication, and what is it supposed to do?
- When and how do I take it?
- Should I take this medication on an empty stomach or with food?
- How often should I take it?
- Do I take it at the same time every day?
- How long should I take it?
- What should I do if I miss a dose?
- Should I avoid alcohol or any foods?
- Can I take non-prescription drugs, herbal medicines or other drugs with this medicine?
- Should I expect any side effects?
- Is it safe to become pregnant or breastfeed while taking this medication?
- How should I store my medications, and how long can I keep them?
Source: University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences