Cauliflower “rice” is easy to make, highly nutritious and offers a delicious lower-carb option for those who may be monitoring carbohydrate intake. The warming spices, hearty chickpeas and sweet potatoes make this a satisfying dish for the colder months, without the heaviness that sometimes comes with more traditional curry dishes.
If you do not have a food processor, you may grate or finely chop the cauliflower instead.
1. Place cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until it is similar in size to rice grains (this may have to be done in batches, depending on the size of your machine).
2. In a large high-sided sauté pan, heat coconut oil over medium heat and add onion. Cook for a few minutes until softened.
3. Add sweet potato and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
4. Stir in coconut milk, water, tomato paste, curry powder and ginger, and simmer on low heat until mixture thickens and potatoes soften.
5. Stir in chickpeas and cauliflower rice and cook for another 5 minutes.Season to taste with salt. Serve with lime and cilantro.
Diabetic Exchanges: 2.5
This recipe is vegan, gluten-free